Great way to start the weekend don’t you think?!!
Foodimentary - National Food Holidays
A perfect start to a Labor Day weekend!
Here are today’s five thing to know about Whiskey:
- Pure ‘malt’ whiskey is produced only from malted barley.
- After opening, a half-full bottle of whiskey will remain good for five years.
- A closed bottle of whisky can be kept for more than 100 years and it will still be good to drink.
- A whiskey stops maturing after it is bottled. It ‘ages’ in wooden barrels not glass.
- Around 90 percent of Single Malt Whisky comes from Scotland.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Cocktails / I’ll drink to that
Today’s Food History
- 1809 Oliver Wendell Holmes was born. American physician, poet and humorist. Author of ‘The Autocrat of the Breakfast Table,’ ‘The Professor of the Breakfast Table,’ ‘The Poet of the Breakfast Table,’ and ‘Over the Teacups.’
- 1896 Supposedly, the Chinese-American dish, chop suey, was created in New York City by…
View original post 89 more words