This is something I need to make, my Husband loves cherries! YUMMY
Cherries are in season, so celebrate.
Here are today’s five thing to know about Cherries:
- Darker cherries have higher antioxidant and vitamin levels than lighter ones.
- On average, commercially grown cherry trees produce about 7,000 cherries annually.
- Over 75% of the cherries sold in the U.S. come from Michigan.
- There are two main species of cultivated cherries; the sweet cherry (also called wild cherry), and the sour cherry (also called tart cherry).
- Freezing cherries not only preserves but also concentrates and improves their taste.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Cherry Turnover
Today’s Food History
- 1809 Oliver Wendell Holmes was born. American physician, poet and humorist. Author of ‘The Autocrat of the Breakfast Table,’ ‘The Professor of the Breakfast Table,’ ‘The Poet of the Breakfast Table,’ and ‘Over the Teacups.’
- 1896 Supposedly, the Chinese-American dish, chop suey, was created in New York City by the Cantonese chef of Chinese Ambassador Li Hung-Chang.
View original post 80 more words