Celebrate what is considered the ‘king’ of all steak cuts.
Here are today’s five thing to know about Filet Mignon:
- “Filet Mignon” is just a fancy name for a beef tenderloin steak.
- Famous author O. Henry coined the term filet mignon in his book, The Four Million in 1906.
- A French derivative, the literal meaning is small (mignon) boneless meat (filet).
- Filet Mignon is the cut from the small end of the beef tenderloin.
- Filet mignon is a steak cut of beef taken from the tenderloin, or psoas major of the steer or heifer.
Today’s Pinterest Board:The world’s best steaks
Today’s Food History
- 1899 Alfred Hitchcock was born. Renowned director known for his great love of food.
- 1970‘Make It With You’ by Bread is #1 on the charts
- 1991 Jack Ryan died. Before helping to develop the Barbie Doll for Mattell and create the ‘easy bake oven’, Ryan…
View original post 46 more words