Cilantro Lime Chicken…. Sounds amazing right, and simple? Well it is! So simple in fact that you can cook this two ways, in an electric pressure cooker (30 minutes and done) or in a slow cooker (8 hours and its ready) the list of ingredients is so commonplace that you would probably have most on hand. I made this dish over asparagus; I wanted to cut out the carbs for this meal due to one of the people eating with us is on a low carb diet. This however would be great over rice, cous cous or even spicy mashed cauliflower/potatoes.
I opted to cook the chicken in an electric pressure cooker, this is done super quickly with great results, I can make the sides as it is cooking and this leaves me plenty of time to spend with my guests rather than in front of the stove. Using the slow cooker would give the same results, but I had no idea I was cooking for anyone other than us until late in the day. This was an ideal meal to serve.
The chicken is super flavorful and so juicy and tender! I can’t see how you can go wrong with this recipe! If you like spice you could play around and add some fresh chopped jalapeños, red pepper flakes… the world is your oyster, or chicken whichever you favor!
For this recipe I used
28oz jar of salsa (I used mild)
½ cup chicken broth
1 bunch of cilantro washed and chopped (including the stalks)
The juice from one lime
I made asparagus but you can put it over whatever you like! Shoot it can be eaten by itself; yes it is that good!
Either in the slow cooker or in the pressure cooker; combine the salsa, chicken broth, cilantro and lime juice. Add the chicken and make sure it is covered in the mixture. If using a slow cooker set to low for 8 hours. In the pressure cooker set to 80 pressure 30 minutes.
Once done serve over your accompaniment, top with avocado and sour cream add more sauce (the sauce is the bomb) How easy is that? I know right, just throw together and come out with this amazing dish that is moist and flavorful to boot! Can’t go wrong with that.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe, if you should like to get n touch with me you certainly can do so by emailing me at LauraLovingLife@Hotmail.com.
- Chicken in Cilantro-Peanut Sauce (kraftrecipes.com)
- Slow-cooker Chicken Curry Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Tex-Mex Chicken Bowl~Slow cooker recipe (dishingitoutwithclarissa.com)
- Slow-Cooker Smothered Chicken with Bacon & Onions (wwwrs.kraftrecipes.com)
- Chipotle Chili Mole (girleatsgreens.com)
- Slow Cooker Tuesday – Chili Lime & Garlic Pork Tenderloin (brandiyoureafinegirl.com)
- One Chicken, Two Ways, Three Meals (lashesanddashes.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup (fitnessforeveryfigure.com)
- Slow Cooker Mexican Soup (0ut0fthebox.wordpress.com)