What to do with the leftover turkey? Let’s see, turkey pot pie, turkey casserole, turkey tetrazzini, turkey over pasta, turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, turkey turkey turkey… I know there are mountains of recipes out there telling you how to repurpose your leftovers. All you need to truly understand is that any kind of leftover meat can be used in any and all recipes that call for a cooked meat to be included in it! Really quite simple.
So here I made enchiladas, and used my turkey breast as the filler; just shredded it up. This is an excellent use of the turkey you have sitting in the refrigerator waiting to be utilized!!
I have to say although I used canned enchilada sauce (did not have 4 hours to make it myself) it came out delightfully delicious! I even liked it the next day heated up for lunch. The hubby went back for seconds, which makes me very happy! Let’s be honest, making your man happy is what it is all about right ladies!
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey cheese blend
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (19 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 4 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 1 8oz container crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine the feta cheese, onion, beans and black olives.
In a small skillet, heat enough oil to lightly coat one tortilla, and cook until soft. Remove and dip in enchilada sauce to coat.
Add turkey and cheese mixture to center of tortilla, roll and place in the prepared dish. Repeat until bottom layer of pan is covered with enchiladas.
Spread enough sauce over bottom layer to cover and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted.
Serve with some sour cream. Absolutely delish!
I hope you liked this recipe/post. If you would like to contact me you can do so by email me at LauralovingLife@Hotmail.com
- Turkey Enchilada (eatfooddetroit.wordpress.com)
- Don’t throw away the leftovers! (beorganicbewell.com)
- Thanksgiving Leftovers: Green Turkey Enchiladas and Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes (gardenforestfield.com)
- Sour Cream Turkey Enchiladas (bluepaddlegrl.wordpress.com)
- Turkey Recipe Round-up (karistaskitchen.com)
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas (mysweetsweat.wordpress.com)
- Turkey/Chicken Enchiladas (indusinternationalkitchen.com)
- Enchiladas for Thanksgiving?? (latinocuisine.wordpress.com)
- Turkey Enchilidas (insuziswords.wordpress.com)
- Routines and Butternut Squash Enchiladas (therubyloveblog.wordpress.com)