Serve these delicious meatloaf muffins with cauliflower mashed potatoes and Swiss chard for an at-home Healthier version of a blue-plate special. The Cauliflower mashed potatoes have some Yukon gold potato to help make them keep the same consistency and they taste every bit as good as the real product, by eating cauliflower instead of potatoes you save about 53 calories and 13 g carbs. Something to think about. The Swiss chard is a great addition to this recipe, you could use any green or veggie of your preference of course. This made way too much for our one sit down meal, but they were excellent to take to work and re heat as a nice lunch with salad. I do enjoy taking lunch to work with me. Saves a ton on eating out and it is better in the long run.
For the meatloaf I used
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup plain panko crumbs
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 beefsteak tomatoes chopped
1 pounds ground beef, extra lean (raw)
1 lb ground turkey/chicken Either one is fine
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Parmesan or Romano cheese shredded Preparation
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine the first 11 ingredients and incorporate well.
Top each with the cheese.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes they will be in a liquid once cooked but not an oily liquid, it is from the tomatoes, and it makes the meatloaf very juicy and moist. This is a “healthier version” that does not leave you wanting for flavor
The cauliflower mashed potatoes I did were steamed cauliflower 2 Yukon potato cubed and boiled. Using a emersion blender I blended them together with a ¼ cup egg substitute and low fat sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. and I added some chives for flavor you can add whatever herb you like… dill… rosemary. keep in mind fresh makes a better presentation and the herbaceous nature is unbeatable.
Swiss chard can be cooked anyway you like but the easiest way is to chop off the hard center of the leaf, and sauté in vegetable broth and garlic until tender salt and pepper to taste. (I did add a bit of red pepper flakes and I like that it adds a bit of heat, but this is optional of course)
I hope you like the recipe/meal, let me know if you have any questions or if you want to get in touch with me you can at lauraLovingLife@Hotmail.com
- Meatloaf “Cupcakes” with Mashed Potato Icing (faithscornerblog.wordpress.com)
- Meatloaf Muffins (mompson.com)
- So Not Your Momma’s Meatloaf (briochewithbeckham.com)
- Cheddar Mashed Cauliflower (kindlecookbookrecipes.com)
- Meatloaf “Cupcakes” with Mashed Potato “Frosting” (meagenrice.wordpress.com)
- 10 Regrettable Retro Food Recipes (buzzfeed.com)
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” (hummusapien.com)
- Ranch cauliflower (pjyounger.wordpress.com)
- Braised Pork Chops with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and Gravy (drivefitnessco.com)
- Paleo Garlic Mashed Cauliflower (paleopurefection.com)