Fried steak is so fattening on so many levels. I can’t say this is “good for you” but it is better than deep frying a steak for that crispy crunchy tender bit of heaven you receive after all is said and done. This is absolutely a better version, health wise, but not the best! I am sure if you search you will find a way to do this and get the same flavor and yummy buttery texture to you meat, but this is the way I made it and it came out really nice so I thought I would share it.
You will need
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (4 ounce) packet saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 (4 ounce) cube steaks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Spaghetti sauce (or tomato paste of some sort of base)
- Shredded cheese of your liking (I used mozzarella)
Whisk together the flour, crushed saltines, seasoned salt, onion powder, and steak seasoning. Dip the steaks in the egg mixture, then press each steak in the flour mixture. Pat the flour mixture into the steaks to coat them completely.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and fry the steaks until they are golden brown, firm, hot in the center, and just turning from pink to grey, about 4 minutes per side.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe, I can say I have saved the pics so long it 3was hard to come up with what I did. I need to keep up with posting as I do the recipes. UGH Have a great one all.
- Friends + Salisbury Steak (cookingwiththeking.wordpress.com)
- Southern Recipe: Cholula Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Wild Idea Buffalo Recipe of the Week – Buffalo Fajitas (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Porterhouse Steaks with Mushroom and Garlic Sauce (cheftoponkumer.wordpress.com)
- Cola-Marinated Flank Steak with Frito Chilaquiles (vandav.wordpress.com)
- Asian Steak (heartofcake.wordpress.com)
3 Comments Add yours
Holy shit I think I felt my arteries clog a little. Mostly because I want to eat the heck out of that!
I know what you mean! And it was GOOOOD!!
Everything is very open with a very clear description of the challenges.
It was really informative. Your site is extremely helpful.
Thank you for sharing!