- So this can have many variations and it would be considered from another country, skip the garlic, use cider vinegar, and it becomes a German cabbage salad. Add some sour cream and it becomes a Danish cabbage salad. Believe it or not this was incredibly flavorsome; it was tart and tangy with the smoky backdrop of the bacon. The ingredients worked well together and complimented my Pork chops. I know this was a hit as my daughter only wanted this for her second helping. I love it when a recipe comes together.
You will need;
1/2 pound bacon
1 medium head cabbage, shredded
1 onion, chopped
2 Clove garlic, minced (I used pre minced and two heaping tablespoons)
1/2 cup tarragon vinegar (I did not have tarragon so I used Pear infused vinegar)
½ cup water and 2 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved
Cut bacon into small pieces and place the bacon in a large pot.
Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
While it is browning, cut your onion, garlic and cabbage.
Once browned and crispy add the onion and garlic and fry in the bacon fat until browned.
Once it has cooked down some; add the vinegar and water mixture. Bring to a simmer and add the cabbage to the bacon. Sauté briefly and serve warm.
This was quite good, it is bursting with flavor, the vinegar really has an amazing taste with the bacon and onions!
I hope you enjoyed the recipe, and if you use it please let me know; especially if you make changes. We all can learn from what we change in everyday recipes. If you would like to reach me you can do so by e mailing me at LauralovingLife@hotmail.com
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon: Recipe Sunday (ifyoucanread.com)
- Red Cabbage and Apples by Raphael Morales (langsungenak.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Unstuffed Cabbage (mybeautifulordinary.wordpress.com)
- DS-Friendly Eating: Cabbage Roll Soup (livingthedslife.wordpress.com)
- Recipes from My Childhood (auntpreble3.wordpress.com)
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (doggietrail.wordpress.com)
- Bacon Jam (themelodyofcooking.com)
- Reuben cabbage rolls (nursemompaleo.com)
- About Food – Walnuts and Spices Wrapped in Cabbage Leaves (oregonmike98.wordpress.com)
- Bostonian Crockpot Corned Beef ! (brandeesbest.com)