This dish has great appearance. Sweet Savory Chicken Chunks and Pineapple, where can you go wrong with this recipe?! The chicken was very tender and oh so good. This was our first time grilling out this season, I did not even think to check and make sure we had propane for the tank. Thank goodness we did! I loved the smell that you get when you start grilling; it is fundamentally the start of the season. The smells bring back summer memories and the long lazy days ahead. We spend a lot of time outdoors when the weather gets warmer and I look forward to this time of the year so much. Lot’s of great grilling recipes will be coming out soon!
I served this with Sonomo and Spiced Brown Rice, just click on the links to get the recipes.
You will need…
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons sherry
¼ cup rice vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 2 inch pieces
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
Place your skewers in water for several hours so they don’t burn during the grilling process.
In a zip lock bag, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, sesame oil, vinegar, ginger, and garlic powder.
Stir the chicken pieces into the marinade until well coated. Cover/close, and marinate in the refrigerator overnight or at least 2 hours.
I would recommend over night the intensity of the flavors is much more pronounced the longer it marinates. Don’t marinate the pineapple or veggies if you use any in the same bag/container as the chicken. If need be just make another batch of marinate and use that. The acidity of the pineapple will change the way the chicken tastes and its texture as well.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken and pineapple alternately onto skewers. Grill 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken juices run clear.
I hope you enjoyed the recipes your comments are always welcome. You can also reach me at LauraLovingLife@Hotmail.com
Bon appétit LauraLovingLife
- Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs (tamaraleighauthor.wordpress.com)
- Hawaiian Skewers (ourextraordinarylives.com)
- Key West Grilled Chicken (Great for all phases) (thetalkingscale.typepad.com)
- Chicken Wings Recipes (deafchefatlarge.com)
- 20 Delectable, Frugal Pineapple Recipes (wisebread.com)
- Recipe of the Day: Yogurt-and-Spice Grilled Chicken Skewers (news.health.com)
- Ginger chicken! (junalacreme.wordpress.com)
- A different way to do grilled chicken (coralvillecourier.typepad.com)
- Sriracha Glazed Chicken Wings (simplymomslife.wordpress.com)
- Hawaiian Chicken with Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus (fitnfabfoody.com)
3 Comments Add yours
This was one of the best ones you’ve made mom! I loved it.
MacKenzie thank you so much! I love you!
Love you too.