This is super easy to make and the flavor is really light and refreshing. I loved serving this with a spicier dish. It is the calming element on the plate. I think this would also serve as a great lunch or main dish with maybe some shrimp or crab. Summer is coming maybe this is the time to start thinking of what we can make that will be a hit for the taste buds but not the hips!
You will need the following;
10 ounces uncooked couscous
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cucumbers, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions (garnish)
1 tomato chopped and seasoned with garlic and pepper
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 3/4 cup water to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in cucumber, parsley, basil and couscous. Mix well and chill or set aside and let it come to room temperature before serving (I say this as my dear hubby does not like COLD pasta of any kind)
Garnish salad with green onion and tomato mixture.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
I hope you enjoyed the recipe and if oyu use it feel free to comment or contact me at LauraLovinglife@hotmail.com
- Orange Cranberry Cous Cous Salad (smallworldsupperclub.com)
- Roasted Futsu Pumpkin, Spinach and Cous-cous Salad (tomatotales.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Futsu Pumpkin, Spinach and Cous-cous Salad (tomatotales.com.au)
- Masterclass-spiced chicken with couscous salad (thepinkbibleblog.wordpress.com)
- Sunomono Salad (lauralovinglife.org)
- Lemony Lentil Salad Recipe (leanonlife.com)
- Roasted Vegetable and Cous Cous Salad Recipe – SoyConnection.com (soyconnection.com)
- couscous salad (instructables.com)
- Recipe: Mediterranean Cucumber Salad (ryefitunite13.wordpress.com)
- Greek Salad (thethreadaffect.com)