Like the title? Ok it is simple Basil Chicken over Angel Hair pasta. This was a nice dinner on a recent chilly day. I added some spice for a bit of a kick and I am glad I did. The flavors were wonderful and the entire family loved it. I served with a bit of fresh baked bread piping hot.
This is a light sauce, so don’t expect the pasta to be dripping in sauce. This is a compliment to be added to a bit of pasta; pasta being the easiest partner to this chicken sauce. You could actually make large crostini and use them as a vehicle for the chicken and sauce as well. MMM Yummy.
The grated Parmesan cheese is an essential finishing touch. Make sure to get fresh if you can it really lends a wonderful flavor and depth to the meal.
You will need the following
1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 chopped onions
3 clove garlic, chopped (I love garlic and used more)
4 large tomatoes chopped
2 cups boneless chicken breast halves, cubed and cooked
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair pasta until it is al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
Cut your chicken into bite size pieces, heat olive oil in a skillet and add the chicken chili powder and pepper to taste. Cook the chicken through and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté the onions, jalapeno and garlic.
Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt and hot pepper sauce.
Reduce heat to medium, and cover skillet. Simmer stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft. Remove cover and continue to simmer until the sauce cooks down some.
Serve sauce over angel hair pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you should want to get in touch with me please feel free to email me at LauralovingLife@Hotmail.com
- Angel Hair Shrimp Pasta (sparklesense.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Cacciatore! (thepantryraider.wordpress.com)
- Treat Yo Self! (Pasta Bolognese & Wine) (jouwels.wordpress.com)
- Simple tomato sauce in 4 steps. (theverygreedypig.com)
- Recipe #32: Pimiento Piquillo [red pepper] Pesto (myfoodchallenge.wordpress.com)
- Top 5 Recipes of the Week (jonathanhamptonblog.wordpress.com)
- Herb Crusted Chicken with a Basil Cream Sauce (rosibunz.wordpress.com)
- web browsings & a Greek Shrimp family recipe (simplycomplicatedkait.wordpress.com)
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Chicken Rollatini with Alfredo (crazyadventuresinparenting.com)