Ok so this is a pork I made for a pot luck luncheon at work last week. (It was requested) The last time I made pulled pork I used root beer, this time I did not have any and the place I was at only had Dr. Pepper. SOOOO we will have Dr Pepper spiced pulled pork. This is sooo easy to make and my gosh the bbq sauce that you end up with is amazing! I don’t have a finished pic on a sandwich but I can still share what I have.
Get a pork shoulder or Boston pork shoulder bone in is fine
Dr Pepper I think for mine I needed 4 cans
2 large onions chopped
1 cup brown sugar
2 cans of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
Add all the above ingredients into a crock pot
You will need the following to finish your BBQ sauce once the meat is cooked.
1 can diced tomatoes
Cover and cook on high over night 12 hours or so. It can stay on warm setting until you’re going to construct the pork.
Remove the pork and pull it apart.
The fat from the pork melts out and leaves a ton of flavor that will be utilized for the sauce we will make.
Pulling apart the pork is easy and you will be amazed at how moist the meat is. Why would you ever buy pulled pork when you can make this yourself! My mouth is watering… please excuse me a moment =)
Strain the onions and peppers, if you don’t want this to be super spicy remove all but one of the peppers. Blend with a can of tomatoes. this is such a fantastic sauce for the pork. Finger licking good!!
Serve with cole slaw.
This was gone… Just gone. My son wants me to make more as well. When you make this the leftovers will not last long I promise you!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you should want to get in touch with me please feel free to email me at LauralovingLife@Hotmail.com
- Rare $0.55/1 Dr. Pepper or Dr. Pepper TEN 20 Oz Bottle Coupon (hip2save.com)
- Fox 8 Recipe Box: Dr. Pepper Braised Short Ribs (fox8.com)
- Dr Pepper Snapple (DPS) Acquires Western U.S. Territory; Terms Not Disclosed (streetinsider.com)
- Why Kiki Lowenstein LOVES Diet Dr Pepper (joannaslan.blogspot.com)
- Recipe: Spicy Dr Pepper Shredded Pork (mysanantonio.com)
- Zaxby’s chain adds Dr Pepper (bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com)
- Pulled Pork – North Carolina Style (pastaprincessandmore.wordpress.com)
- Pork chops with rosemary and garlic sauce (chefdoru.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Pepper (undermykitchensink.wordpress.com)
- Gettin’ Crocked Thursday (djh1188.wordpress.com)