Fancy fancy, as I said in my previous post; I had this for dinner at a great café the other day and really could not wait to make it myself. The first step the Spaetzle should be made first. Click here to get the recipe. The fish and Green beans will cook about the same amount of time. So once the Spaetzle is completed you can start he fish and green beans.
Wash and pat dry your fish; preheat the oven to 350 degrees
You will need a cup of mayonnaise
½ cup panko
Salt and pepper to taste
The juice of a lemon
½ stick of better melted
Parsley for garnishment
Pat the cod dry with paper towels; Lay the cod in a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
Brush the tops and sides of the fish with the mayonnaise mixture.
Sprinkle and press the crumbs into the mayonnaise add a little pepper and drizzle butter over the filets.
Bake on middle rack until the crumbs are golden brown and the fish flakes apart when gently prodded with a knife, about 15 minutes.
See all the wonderful juice from the fish, this is what we will use to flavor our side dish.
Top with parsley Serve with lemon wedges if desired
For the beans, steam them and when finished toss the beans in the juices from the fish. Delicious!!! I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we did; the fish was sooo tender and flavorful. The beans lended a really nice texture to the otherwise buttery fish and Spaetzle.
I can be reached at LauraLovingLife@hotmail.com if you have any suggestions for the blog.
- Lemon-Baked Cod w/ Red Potato Wedges, Seasoned Blackeyed Peas, and… (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- The Fish of Lent (tangledpasta.net)
- Grilled Salted Cod – Baccala alla Griglia (fromthebartolinikitchens.com)
- Lemon-Baked Cod w/ White Shoepeg Corn, Sugar Snap Peas, and… (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Grilled Salted Cod (fromthebartolinikitchens.com)
- Baked Parmesan Fish Bites: Kraft Fresh Take (dearcrissy.com)
- Friday Fish Supper (paulapia1.wordpress.com)
- Gaga for Green Beans (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Fried Panko Coated Cod Sandwich w/ Baked Seasoned Potato Grillers (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Fish & Chips with a twist (alternativeeating.me)