Lentils are very good for you and a great substitute for meat every once in a while. My husband loves Lentils and I certainly don’t make them enough. Using lentils as our filling for a taco night is a great choice, they cook in about 20 minutes and they are satisfying. This is really the same as any taco recipes only replace the meat with the lentils.
I made a nice spicy sauce to throw on the taco, and it was sour cream mixed with sriracha sauce (Hot sauce) Just add to your amount of heat preference.
You will need the basics,
1 chopped onion
1 red pepper chopped
Medium tortillas (cooked)
Lentils (cooked according to package direction)
Chili powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste
Saute the onion and red pepper to add to the lentil once cooked.
Cook the lentils add the chili powder and garlic powder to taste; then add the salt and pepper.
Lay some spicy sauce on the tortillas; add lentils, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and cheese Serve with some chips and salsa. Loved the taco Tuesday concept lol!
Enjoy the recipe, if you would like to contact me please feel free to do so at LauraLovingLife@hotmail.com
- Lentil & Black Bean Chili (silkandtofu.wordpress.com)
- Frugal Friday – Manhattan Chili Company (Grand Central) (withoutbacon.com)
- Red Lentil Tacos…oh ya…you heard me! (cookingkarens.wordpress.com)
- Spicy Chorizo Bake (nubbs75.wordpress.com)
- Taco Salad (thesometimesherbivore.wordpress.com)
- Mountain Lentil Stew (ethnicvegan.wordpress.com)
- Mr. CBB’s Meatless Sloppy Lentil Joes (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Black Bean & Sweet Potato Flautas (freezergroupmadness.wordpress.com)
- Making our family meals fun with Fish Tacos and steamed veggies (behindthestudio.com)
- Taco Night (bloomfieldroad.com)
3 Comments Add yours
We’ve done this before and it’s awesome. I think lentils are so overlooked when it comes to meals but more people are starting to jump on board with them. I hope you like the Meatless Sloppy Lentil Joes! I’ll give your recipe here a try! Lentils 900g bag $1.47 this week.. can’t go wrong! Frugal, yummy meal!
Thats awesome, and Stephan would be happy if I used them more often. thank you for Sharing!