Lentils are very good for you and a great substitute for meat every once in a while. My husband loves Lentils and I certainly don’t make them enough. Using lentils as our filling for a taco night is a great choice, they cook in about 20 minutes and they are satisfying. This is really the same as any taco recipes only replace the meat with the lentils.
You will need the basics,
1 chopped onion
1 red pepper chopped
Medium tortillas (cooked)
Lentils (cooked according to package direction)
Chili powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste
Saute the onion and red pepper to add to the lentil once cooked.
Cook the lentils add the chili powder and garlic powder to taste; then add the salt and pepper.
Enjoy the recipe, if you would like to contact me please feel free to do so at LauraLovingLife@hotmail.com
- Lentil & Black Bean Chili (silkandtofu.wordpress.com)
- Frugal Friday – Manhattan Chili Company (Grand Central) (withoutbacon.com)
- Red Lentil Tacos…oh ya…you heard me! (cookingkarens.wordpress.com)
- Spicy Chorizo Bake (nubbs75.wordpress.com)
- Taco Salad (thesometimesherbivore.wordpress.com)
- Mountain Lentil Stew (ethnicvegan.wordpress.com)
- Mr. CBB’s Meatless Sloppy Lentil Joes (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Black Bean & Sweet Potato Flautas (freezergroupmadness.wordpress.com)
- Making our family meals fun with Fish Tacos and steamed veggies (behindthestudio.com)
- Taco Night (bloomfieldroad.com)