Oh my gosh this was so incredibly sumptuous! AND I have to say easy and good for you. I love spinach and anytime you can throw that down into a recipe it has to be a good thing (at least in my opinion)
This is the second time I am writing this as the first post after being posted and shared was somehow deleted. Still have not figured that one out yet. But seeing as people are trying to find the link and are not getting here I feel I need to write it up again.
This bake is very flavorful, and that is without adding a lot of ingredients. the sausage you choose for this recipe is what will be used to flavor it as well. I used a mild sausage and when cooked the flavors leached into the bake, making it slightly salty and oh so very creamy.
Pick out a sausage that you know is full of flavor, be it maple, hot and spicy or full of sage.. this is the flavoring for this dish and you want a flavor you can live with.
You will need 1 lb sausage
1 bag spinach
1 can chopped tomatoes (I used the garlic and green chili)
1 large container small curd cottage cheese
8oz tomato sauce
1 jalapeno pepper minced
shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
Cook the sausage with the jalapeno
while it is cooking combine the eggs, tomato sauce, canned tomato and cottage cheese.
Once the sausage is cooked add the cottage cheese mixture and spinach, the heat should wilt the spinach a bit, place into a baking dish (9×11) and cover with some shredded cheese. bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or so the cheese will be browning and bubbly.
This was really a great meal to make. The flavors and the ease in which it came together was a great pleasure for me.i am sure this will be one for you as well.
Enjoy the recipe and as always comments arte welcome and if you need to reach me you certainly can at LauraLovingLife@HOTMAIL.COM
- Spinach Alfredo Lasagna: Recipe Sunday (ifyoucanread.com)
- Best Pizza in the U.S. (apartmentguide.com)
- The Prudent Pantry: More Adventures in DiY Mac and Cheese (savings.com)
- Cheese Strata, Sausage Strata & Cheese Strata Recipe | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken (cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com)
- Maple Bacon Blondies (cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com)
- Free – Vegetarian E-Cookbook (respectyourfood.me)
- Spinach Artichoke Casserole Dip (cantstayoutofthekitchen.com)
- Palak-Paneer (Spinach- Cottage Cheese Curry) (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Shirred Eggs with Sausage and Spinach (thedomesticman.com)