Get inspired with holiday deserts like this pumpkin pie, it has a hint of rum and is served in a sweet graham cracker crust. The rum walnut topping makes the perfect finish for this luscious pie. I have been making pumpkin pies for as long as I can remember, this however is my first time trying to dress it up. I am glad I did, this was beyond a doubt a grand desert!
2 cups of pumpkin puree
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup brown sugar
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp rum extract
1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Graham crackers (2 packages)
½ stick of butter
For the walnut topping you will need
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon rum extract
3 tablespoons butter room temperature
½ cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Using a food processor grind the graham crackers. Combine with the ½ stick butter (melted) and form the crust in a pie plate using your fingers.
In a large mixing bowl combine the pumpkin, condensed milk, rum, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, salt and brown sugar. Mix well and pour into the pie shell.
Bake in your preheated oven for 15 minutes, reduce the temp to 350 and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes.
In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, rum and nuts. Cut in with the butter until crumbly. Remove pie from oven and top with the mixture, return to the oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!
“You’ll never know everything about anything, especially something you love.”
― Julia Child
- Roasted Almonds with Pumpkin Pie Spice & Honey (thehappyhousewife.com)
- Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie (andtheycookedhappilyeverafter.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin pie with molasses and rum (theback40.org)
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie (epicureanvegan.com)
- Recipe-Pumpkin pie fudge (manyofus1980.com)
- Recipe: Ginger Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Pumpkin and Graham Cracker Scones (delicaciesbydan.com)
- Filo Pastry Pumpkin Pie (prettily.net)
- Banana Pumpkin Pie (professorarmstrong.com)
2 Comments Add yours
Thank you for linking to my Filo Pastry Pumpkin Pie! I really like your rum pumpkin pie recipe and will surely try it! Will let you know how it goes! Thanks again!
You very welcome glad to hear from you!