I am not a big aficionado of baking; the only time I really do bake is around the holidays. My Husband loves sweets as do the kids; they will try one of everything, just to have them in the house. Because I don’t particularly like sweets we don’t typically have a ton in the house. So it is effortless for me to come up with new recipes and experiment knowing they will love whatever I make. This time of the year is a real treat for the kids and for Stephan; they are piled high in pies, tarts and cheesecakes! This cheesecake came out so incredible fluffy, for lack of a better word. It was not dense and thick like a lot of cheesecakes. This was a winner with everyone that had it.
You will need a 9” spring form pan
3 (8oz) packages of cream cheese
½ cup white sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree (click here for the recipe)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup sour cream
1 container frozen whipped topping thawed
2 packages graham crackers
½ stick of butter
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
Take the graham crackers and crumble them in a food processor, melt butter in a medium bowl and add the crumbs. Mix until all the graham cracker crumbs are no longer powdery. Press into the bottom of your spring form pan.
In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove half the batter and spread onto the pie crust.
Add the pumpkin puree and pie spice to the remaining batter and incorporate well. Carefully spread over the batter in the pie pan and cook in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
Remove and allow to cool completely before removing from the spring form pan. Serve with a bit of caramel drizzle or whipped topping.
If you have never made a cheesecake, this would be a great start and it is soo elegant looking and the taste was unbelievable. You could add apple sauce to the batch rather than the pumpkin making a double layer apple cheesecake. So many ideas so little time!
- Pumpkin-Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake (piewithsparkles.com)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (annetteholland.com)
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Cheesecake (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)
- Treat of the Week: Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Salted Caramel Glaze (todaysnest.typepad.com)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (whatchamakinnow.blogspot.com)
- Cheers! Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Cupcake (eventsbysocialgraces.com)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip – 2.0 (andtheycookedhappilyeverafter.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cobbler (whattheflicka.com)