This concoction may sound weird but I can tell you it was really good. I don’t do desserts too often and when I do it is a treat. I read on another blog about banana ice cream; or something along that line of thinking. I decided to try my hand at it from what I could remember. The following is what I came up with. I tend to think it is a “good for you” dessert as long as the drizzle is kept to just a drizzle.
1 Bunch of ripe Bananas
3 tbsp of smooth peanut butter
¼ cup chocolate morsels
3 tsp Almond Joy coffee creamer (I know who would have thought)
Cut the bananas into bite size pieces and freeze for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
Once frozen you are going to want to blend them either with a food processor or a hand blender, add the peanut butter and blend until there are no more chunks.
Put the banana blend into your serving container and put it into the fridge. Melt the chocolate and once melted add the creamer.
Drizzle over the banana / peanut butter soft serve and put it in the freezer for a few minutes to set up. This was delicious!
- A Tasty Way to Use an (Almost) Empty Peanut Butter Jar (dailysavings.allyou.com)
- Vegan Ice Cream (makingveganwork.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter (speltforchoice.wordpress.com)
- “Food is Medicine!” Bananas (thepreparedtable73.wordpress.com)
- Wednesday’s Recipe of the Day – PB2 (Peanut Butter), Honey & Banana Sammy (fitnesslovingmom.com)