I made an easy variety of sausage roll, these are very uncomplicated, quick and flavorsome. I decided to have a jalapeño ranch dip to go with them. The compliment of both the sausage roll and the dip came out first-rate!
- 1 (16 ounce) package Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage and one package 8oz of sweet sausage.
- 1 large sweet onion cut and sautéed
- 1 pat of butter
- 1 (17.25 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/4 cup dijan (I used Horseradish mustard)
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cook the Onion in butter until golden brown
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets, and roll out slightly, cut in a long vertical cut making three long rows.
- Brush each row with mustard.
- Put a teaspoon of sausage into the end of the row, and roll into small logs, cutting the log when seal is on the bottom.
- Place rolls onto an ungreased baking sheet, and brush the tops with the rest of the egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the rolls are puffed and golden. I usually watch after 10 minutes or so to make sure they don’t burn.