My friends are so addicted to Pinterest right now, either for the planning of events, for their businesses, or as one has said recently it is relaxing. I understand the concept of Pinterest and I use it although not with the fervor some do. I however did see a nice little pic of donut bites. When I saw it I briefly took note of it and never thought of it again until today. My son turns 25 this weekend and he loved Oreos when he was a kid, I decided to try my hand at making these little bite size pleasures today to get a feel for them before I made something for him for his birthday.
Heat the oil on med high just above the middle mark, not too high the outside will cook quicker than the inside.
Cut the grands into quarters and put them in, stirring until all sides are browned nicely.
Remove from oil to a paper towel, then while still hot roll in the Oreo crumbs or sugar the heat from the donut will melt the sugar or cookie and help it adhere to the donut. Set aside and finish off the biscuits.
This was really quick and easy and pretty tasty. Just thought I would share.
- Happy Donut Day! (williams-sonoma.com)
- America’s 12 best donut shops (usatoday.com)
- Lighten Up with Baked Donuts (williams-sonoma.com)
- Banana Donuts (spoonful.com)
- A Little Humor for Your Day – Oreo™ Psycho-Personality Test (witchesofthecraft.com)
- Psychology of the Oreo Cookie (mysticcircle.wordpress.com)
- Oreo Challenge (adventuresweseek.com)
- Peanut Butter Oreo Cheesecakes (myhealthyohana.wordpress.com)
- Redefining your Donut (jamieweilhealthcoach.com)